University qualifications and experience which is used extensively when working with you:
- BA (Human Movement Studies and Distinction in Psychology), 1989-1991, Rhodes University, South Africa – my entry point into a vocation which works with people holistically, where all parts of themselves are integrated into wholeness
- BA (Honours) Psychology, 1992, Rhodes University, South Africa – here experiential and conceptual knowledge was integrated into a knowing of how to relate with other humans as a human who has worked through his own ‘stuff’ (and continues to do so). Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) was a substantial part of my degree, which has been used in my work for over 20 years.
- MA Research Psychology, 1995-1996, Stellenbosch University, South Africa – although didn’t complete this degree the person in my action research overcame a fear of deep water and became a world champion swimmer. Happy to share why the degree was not completed, it is quite an interesting story. Give me a call if you like.
Keeping my knowledge up-to-date with relevant CPPD is a joy, and I am a long standing member of the Health and Care Professions Council and British Psychological Society.
Here is a brief selection of complementary therapeutic training and experience which is brought to each session with you:
- Ongoing mindfulness training since 1986 (30 years) and continues to expand into more areas of life eg mindful eating, exercising, working, relating and more
- The Work of Byron Katie (www.thework.com), includes workshops with Byron Katie, certified Byron Katie Facilitators and self study since 2006
- Focusing Trainer with the Focusing Institute and related courses since 2010 to help people feel more themselves, alive, with a greater sense of clarity and purpose, relaxation, and knowingness of how to really listen to themselves and others
- Three week long singles Tantra training 2005, and two week long Tantra Meditation Retreats in 2006-07 and numerous weekend courses with Mahasatvaa Ma Ananda Sarita PhD from the School of Awakening
- Spiritual Health online group facilitation since 2014 to present
- Facilitating Mens support groups since 2014 to present
- Nine month Sacred Sexual Union facilitator training with Anaiya Sophia in 2014
- Four day couples Tantra training 2015 with Dr Ahlmeirah Ariel Hallaire and Chintan Aelgar from the Centre of Love and Enlightenment
- Facilitating Conscious Relationship workshops with couples since 2015
- Spiritual Health teleseminars, youtube videos and book with Matt Kahn 2015-2016
- Extensive ongoing Spiritual Health training since 2006. Including workshops, presentations, online courses, webinars, forums with the Way of Mastery. This includes experience in Radical Inquiry, LovesBreath, Forgiveness and more
- Play workshops with Dr Bruce Copley 1993 and play apprenticeship training at OnCourse in 1999
Self study is really enjoyable, and the greater variety the better. Over the years experience shows it enriches a more comprehensive offering to clients. Here is a brief selection:
- Power of Now, A New Earth and many others with Eckhart Tolle since 2004
- Enneagram Personality Typing for Psychological and Spiritual Growth with D Riso and R Hudson since 2004
- NonViolent Communication with M Rosenberg PhD 2005
- The Journey of Brandon Bays experience for adults and children 2005
Professional Activities including Conferences and Presentations
- Daniel is actively involved in setting up the Lived Experience Practitioner service within the NHS’s mental health services that will bring new life and support to people experiencing mental health issues. This work comes from his lived experience of mental health issues and as a psychologist.
- November 2015 Understanding Psychosis Conference at the British Psychological Society Office in London, UK. Daniel shared his experience of presenting the ground-breaking Understanding Psychosis Report with a NHS Day Treatment Team and Medical Advisory Committee with 15 psychiatrists.
- November 2014 NHS Quality Improvement Showcase, Bexleyheath, UK. Daniel presented his full recovery story which left people speechless. He described what helped and hindered his recovery and the role of Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust in the process, as well as the value of co-production of services.
- October 2014 NHS Care Planning Conference, Bexleyheath, UK. Daniel presented his experience of Care Planning and suggested ways it can be improved.
- September 2014 Psychological Therapies Conference, Greenwich, UK. Daniel presented how Experience Based Co-Design was used to enhance the already fantastic NHS Home Treatment Team services in Greenwich.
- September 2014 Oxleas NHS Annual Members Meeting at the O2 Centre, London, UK. Amongst other things Daniel celebrated Oxleas commitment to reducing stigma and discrimination of people with mental health difficulties and introduced Oxleas Chief Executive to sign the Time to Change Pledge.
- Guest speaker at Salomons University 2013-2015, UK, with the Doctoral Clinical Psychology students, presenting innovative ways of improving mental health services from the perspective of a psychologist and service user.
Personal sporting highlights
- British record for Masters Swimming at the World Championships 2000
- Bronze medal at World Masters Swimming Championships 2000
- Coaching hemiplegic athlete through fear of deep water to become a World Champion swimmer.
Sarah Ann Bovill
I have training and experience in the following therapeutic programmes:
- Divine Healing with Dr Dr Ahlmeirah Ariel Hallaire from the Centre of Love and Enlightenment 2015 – 2016
- Angel Academy with Matt Kahn 9 weeks course 2015
- Couples Tantra Training with Dr Ahlmeirah Ariel Hallaire and Chintan Aelgar from the Centre of Love and Enlightenment 2015
- Sacred Sexual Union Facilitator Training with Anaiya Sophia in 2014 for 9 months
- Reconnecting with the Sacred Womb with Anaiya Sophia and also Seren and Azra Bertrand 2014
- Extensive ongoing Spiritual Health training 2012 to present at workshops, presentations, online courses, webinars, forums with the Way of Mastery. This includes experience in Radical Inquiry, LovesBreath, Forgiveness and more
- Spiritual Health online group facilitation since 2014 to present
- Interfaith Ministry, first year of training in 2001
- Extensive metaphysical and mystical training with the Metaphysical Society for the Expansion of Consciousness 1997 onwards
- Crystal Healing – 1987 onwards
- Ascension and expanding consciousness – ongoing since 1987.
My other experience and qualifications used when working with you:
- Conscious Relationship workshops with couples 2015
- Facilitating Sacred Feminine support groups since 2014 to present
- As a qualified funeral director I spent 11 years supporting people through grief and more recently have been privileged to experience incredible connections and peace with family members who have passed away.
- My adult ‘normal’ working life has been in the medical profession, currently Practice Manager for seven Consultant Gastroenterologists and Hepatologist, offering patients efficiency with compassion to get the very best service possible and supporting those who have had been diagnosed with cancer.
- I have grown up with horses and dogs and have a beautiful connection with my own animals, they have been great teachers for me. I am currently working on a programme with my horses to offer equine assisted learning alongside my Divine Healing practice.
- Over the years I have learned to be a great listener and have broad shoulders to offer to people to lean on and cry on. I am well known for my ability to be able to offer a completely new perspective, with gentle humour, on most things that crop up in day to day life.
- I have been privileged and challenged by my step-daughter, who had a number of very complex mental health issues but who has been a great ‘teacher’ and so know a thing or two about the highs and lows of parenting
- As you can imagine working in the funeral profession and medicine has gifted me with a gentle sense of humour about life, nothing phases me 🙂